Real Jamaican Food
Recipes for Jamaican meals,Lots of Jamaican recipes to bring a taste of the island to your home.
Hot and Sour Jerk Shrimp
1 lb package cooked large shrimp
2 inch piece of ginger, grated
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbs jerk marinade
3 tbs sugar
2 tbs vinegar
1 cup chicken stock, or water if you don't eat meat
1 tbs cornstarch
3 tbs vegetable oil
1 large green pepper, roughly chopped
1 onion, thinly sliced,
1/2 cup pineapple cut into 1-inch pieces
2 stalks scallion, thinly sliced
1. Thaw shrimp according to package directions. Season the shrimp with ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes
2. Combine lime juice, ketchup and soy sauce, jerk marinade, sugar and vinegar.
3. In another bowl combine stock/water with cornstarch.
4. Heat oil on medium heat. Add onions and green peppers. Sauté until crisp-tender.
5. Add lime juice and stock mixture - bring to a boil until thickened.
6. Add shrimp and pineapple. Heat thoroughly.
7. Add scallions just before serving.
8. Serve with white rice.